Friday, February 19, 2010

Big tents



  I find it quite refreshing that a bigoted asshole got soundly booed at CPAC. The GOP looks to be moving towards a more libertarian outlook on gay and lesbian issues than it has in the past. The group said bigoted asshole was whining about is a cosponsor of CPAC called GOProud, something that would have been unheard of a few years ago. I understand that some people have a religious opposition to gay marriage and that's okay, they can have a traditional opposite sex marriage I'm fine with that and I'm sure most gays and lesbians are cool with it too. Personally I would like to see government get out of the marriage biz altogether I think it has no business legitimizing any union beyond outlining the rules for inheritance and tax breaks given to those who admit to the government they are planning on co-habitating with each other for life. As long as they are consenting adults I couldn't care less. Another bunch of sinners at the event is the Poker Players Alliance which is trying to get the ban on internet poker lifted.
  I wonder how much of this is due to Ron Paul and the TEA Party's influence energizing a younger group to become active in local Republican party organizations. I'm glad to see the argument start because it's way over due and if the Republican party came to what I am going to call the correct decision it would make this libertarian feel much better when he pulls the lever for a candidate with an R after their name.

H/T to the GayPatriot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive