Saturday, May 9, 2009

"Top Ten Civil Liberties Abuses of the Income Tax" by Chris Edwards (Cato Institute: Daily Commentary)

"Top Ten Civil Liberties Abuses of the Income Tax" by Chris Edwards (Cato Institute: Daily Commentary)

Probably the most concise explanation of why I think our current tax system sucks. Not too long ago I thought the worst part was the inequality of it in that some not only pay no taxes but get money back.
What I think now is there are altogether too many ways the IRS can invade your privacy and in some cases ruin people with little to no accountability.
I am a big fan of user fees and consumption taxes as being more transparent and egalitarian not too mention it is much harder to be arbitrary in enforcement. The fact that I spent 3 years arguing with the IRS and still haven't got it completely straightened out versus Tim Geithner and the other privileged tax cheats we see in government.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive